Having a dryer at home provides numerous benefits when it comes to having your laundry done fast and effectively. A daily housekeeping task, air-drying fresh laundry not only takes time and effort, but space and weather constraints are also what makes air-drying clothes a hassle and stressful. From individually handling wet clothes onto the clothesline, waiting for them to air dry, your clean laundry can also catch dust and dirt in the air.
With a dryer, enjoy the comfort and convenience of washing, drying, and storing clean clothes into the closet immediately for use, no matter how big or small your laundry load can be. Some of the reasons why a dryer can aid in making your daily routine feel easy-peasy:
- Save precious time and less effort.
- Space is no longer a problem.
- Fastest drying time, even on rainy days.
- Retain moisture in clothes for optimum ironing results.
- Wash larger items effortlessly.
Four Most Common Dryer Dilemmas and Their Solutions
The Dryer Won’t Turn On : The first thing you need to do is make sure that the machine is plugged in perfectly to the outlet, as it won’t operate without electricity! Also, check the breakers to see if there has been a trip. If it is, you are in luck, as you can do is flip them.
The Drum is Spinning But No Heat Coming Out : If you find there is no heat coming from your laundry unit, but the drum still spins, there might be some issues contributing to this problem. The good news is that there is a possibility that it is a minor issue. The reasons could be a thermal fuse issue or a bad thermostat or heating coils.
The Dryer Is Noisy : As dryers get old, they can produce loud noises. Here is the following list of why it becomes too noisy:
- Over time, the drum support roller wears down enough to cause a squeaking or consistent thumping noise.
- If you hear a rattling sound, that could mean there is a loose pulley. While if it produces a squeaky sound, the bearing could be the problem. If there is a humming noise, could be a bad switch.
- If it is the blower wheel, you might hear a roaring sound. Check to see if any objects are inhibiting its operation. If you notice the blower wheel is worn down, you will likely need to replace it. Call us to handle it for you!
The Dryer Is Too Hot Causing Your Clothes To Burn
It might be because the drum seals, rollers, or glides are causing your dryer to become too. Regardless, we recommend giving the dryer repair specialists a call, and that’s us!
If you are unsure of what could be the problem or requires dryer repair, we at Last Minute Appliance Repair have got you covered! Just give us a call, as we are happy to be of help! We have a team of fully qualified appliance repair technicians who have years of hands-on experience in the field.